Fall always brings pumpkin and squash to mind. This is a very simple soup that can be made without meat if you prefer. I love pumpkin or squash in soups.
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 sliced onion
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 6 cups cubed fresh pumpkin or 6 cups other winter squash, peeled
- 1 can chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add half of the chicken and sauté for 8 minutes or until browned. Remove chicken from pot and repeat procedure with 1 teaspoon oil and remaining chicken; remove from pot and set aside.
Heat 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper, ginger, jalapeno and curry powder. Sauté for 5 minutes. Stir in pumpkin, broth, and coconut milk; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Return chicken to pot; cook 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro. Serve over rice.
For More Chicken Recipes Visit here@ Hawaiian Chicken Recipes