This recipe for coconut tapioca is from Betty Shimabukuro & Joleen Oshiro’s newest cookbook “Hurry Up & Wait” featuring tons of recipes for the crockpot and pressure cooker. Watch Betty make this on our new cooking show Cooking Hawaiian Style OC16. You can order a copy of Betty’s book at http://www.mutualpublishing.com. Get yours now!
- 1/2 cup small pearl tapioca (sold in Asian markets)
- 3 cups water
- Pinch salt
- 1 (13-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup passion fruit juice
- 1 cup chopped fruit (mango, banana, strawberries, honeydew melon, kiwi or lychee are all good)
- Place tapioca pearls and water in 2-quart slow-cooker. Add salt. Cook on high until pearls turn from white to translucent, 2 to 3 hours. Don’t be concerned if nothing seems to be happening for the first hour. The heat has to rise enough for the water to simmer.
- Mixture will be thick and sticky; stir well, then add coconut milk and sugar. (If coconut milk has been chilled, warm in microwave before adding.) Stir until sugar dissolves. Add vanilla. Taste, adding more sugar if necessary. Divide among 8 dessert cups. Chill until firm.
- Pour a thin layer of juice over each cup of pudding. Top with fruit.
For more Delicious hawaiian recipes visit here@ Hawaiian Slow Cooker Recipes