- 1 packet teriyaki marinade (recommended: McCormick Grill Mates)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 3 ½ pounds pork shoulder
- ½ cup chicken broth
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 cup chili sauce
- 1 (6-ounce) can pineapple juice
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 8 hamburger rolls
- 2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, chopped
- In small bowl, combine teriyaki mix, paprika and pepper.
- Coat the pork the with rub mixture, patting until all rub is used. Set aside.
- In a bowl whisk together the chicken broth, brown sugar, soy sauce, chili sauce and pineapple juice. Set aside.
- Put the chopped onions and carrots in a 5-quart slow cooker. Place the pork on top of the carrots and onions and pour half of the pineapple juice mixture over pork. Reserve remainder for Hawaiian sauce. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours. The meat should fall apart easily.
- Remove the roast from the slow cooker to a cutting board. Using 2 forks carefully pull the meat into shreds. Serve the pork on rolls drizzled with the Hawaiian sauce or on the side for dipping. Reserve the remaining pulled pork for the Round 2 Recipes, Pulled Pork Pot Stickers and Hawaiian Pizza.
- In a medium pot heat the oil over medium heat. Add garlic and ginger and saute until soft, about 2 minutes. Add the remaining pineapple juice mixture, bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Use the leftover sauce from this recipe to make Hawaiian Pizza, and use the leftover pork to make Pork Pot Stickers.
Find more pork recipes visit here@ hawaiian Pulled Pork Recipes