Teriyaki spam katsu musubi, another one of Chef Adam Tabura’s creations made especially for Hormel. This spam musubi creation is like two dishes in one: spam musubi and katsu!
Prep Time: 10 | Cook Time: 10 | Ready In: 20
Teriyaki Spam Katsu Musubi
- 1 12-ounce can SPAM® Teriyaki, cut lengthwise into 8-10 slices
- 4.5 oz White steamed rice, cooked ahead of time
- 5 sheets Japanese Nori, cut in half
- 1 oz Olive oil
- 6 cups Japanese Panko, bread crumbs
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Japanese Mochiko flour
- To make this spam musubi creation, heat oil in a medium size sauté pan, then sear SPAM® Teriyaki on both sides for 2-3 minutes. Place on rice and wrap with nori.
- Then go through basic breading procedure: flour, egg, then Panko to finish. Deep fry at 350 degrees for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve this teriyaki spam katsu musubi right away to retain crispness.
how to serve:
Serve this teriyaki spam katsu musubi with either teriyaki sauce or katsu sauce for dipping.
No nutritional data available for this teriyaki spam katsu musubi.
Find here for more delicious Spam musubi recipes at Cooking Hawaiian Style.