Another great banana bread recipe by A DASH of Aloha cookbook co-author Alyssa Moreau – brought to you by AlohaCare. Visit AlohaCare.org to see how AlohaCare is involved in the community. This Hawaiian banana bread recipe is made a little healthier using whole wheat flour.
Banana Bread Recipe
- 1 ½ cups Whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup Wheat germ, toasted
- 1 ½ teaspoon Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon Ginger, ground
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 cup Banana, mashed-ripe, Apple
- 2/3 cup Rice, soy, or almond milk
- 2 tablespoon Macadamia nut oil
- 2” piece Ginger, fresh, pressed to extract juice*
- 2 tablespoons Molasses
- 2 tablespoons Hawaiian lehua honey
- 1 tablespoons Ginger, crystallized, chopped fine
- 1 to 2 tablespoons Golden raisins (optional)
Press peeled ginger through a garlic press to extract juice; strain through a fine mesh strainer for the perfect banana bread recipe.
To make this banana bread recipe, combine the dry ingredients together and mix well. Blend together the banana, rice milk, oil, fresh ginger, molasses and honey. Add banana mixture to the dry ingredients, with the crystallized ginger and raisins. Stir until the dry ingredients are moistened, then pour batter into an oiled 9″ pie plate or 8″ x 8″ baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes.
If you try this banana bread recipe, be sure to leave a comment and let me know how your banana bread recipe turned out.
how to serve:
I love to pair this hawaiian banana bread recipe with a nice cup of coffee or ice cold milk!
There are no nutritional data for this banana bread recipe.