A nice hearty stew that is wicked easy.
- 1 butternut squash – peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 2 cups cubed eggplant, with peel
- 2 cups cubed zucchini
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen okra, thawed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 1 carrot, sliced thin
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
Prep: 30m | Cook: 10h | Ready In: 10h 30m
- In a slow cooker, combine butternut squash, eggplant, zucchini, okra, tomato sauce, onion, tomato, carrot, broth, raisins, and garlic. Season with cumin, turmeric, red pepper, cinnamon, and paprika.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 8 to 10 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
For more delicious hawaiian Recipes visit here@ Hawaiian Slow Cooker Recipes
Brother Noland takes us “back to the bush” on the set of Cooking Hawaiian Style making his manini soup.
- 1 or 2 manini
- 1 cluster of garlic, crushed
- 1 onion, rough chopped
- 2″ piece fresh ginger, crushed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 4-6 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Remove entrails from fish. There is no need to scale manini fish, the skin has a sandpaper like texture instead of scales . Rinse and clean fish and set aside. Fill medium sized pot with water, add all ingredients and slowly bring to boil. Taste and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Watch new episodes of Cooking Hawaiian Style Monday nights at 7:30pm HST with repeats all week on OC16 channels 12 & 1012. Get all of these Hawaiian recipes on http://CookingHawaiianStyle.com.
For more Delicious recipes visit here@ Hawaiian Soups Stews Recipes
The best beef barley soup. Thickens with just the barley. Tastes best in the slow cooker. Serve topped with parmesan cheese and with a salad.
- 2 pounds cubed beef chuck roast
- 5 cups water
- 4 cubes beef bouillon, crumbled
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1(8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup uncooked pearl barley
- salt and pepper to taste
Prep: 10m | Cook: 5h | Ready In: 5h 10m
- In a slow cooker, combine beef, water, bouillon, onion, tomato sauce, barley, salt and pepper.
- Cover, and cook on Low for 5 hours.
For more Hawaiian Recipes visit here@ Hawaiian Slow Cooker Beef Recipes
This recipe for coconut tapioca is from Betty Shimabukuro & Joleen Oshiro’s newest cookbook “Hurry Up & Wait” featuring tons of recipes for the crockpot and pressure cooker. Watch Betty make this on our new cooking show Cooking Hawaiian Style OC16. You can order a copy of Betty’s book at http://www.mutualpublishing.com. Get yours now!
- 1/2 cup small pearl tapioca (sold in Asian markets)
- 3 cups water
- Pinch salt
- 1 (13-ounce) can coconut milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup passion fruit juice
- 1 cup chopped fruit (mango, banana, strawberries, honeydew melon, kiwi or lychee are all good)
- Place tapioca pearls and water in 2-quart slow-cooker. Add salt. Cook on high until pearls turn from white to translucent, 2 to 3 hours. Don’t be concerned if nothing seems to be happening for the first hour. The heat has to rise enough for the water to simmer.
- Mixture will be thick and sticky; stir well, then add coconut milk and sugar. (If coconut milk has been chilled, warm in microwave before adding.) Stir until sugar dissolves. Add vanilla. Taste, adding more sugar if necessary. Divide among 8 dessert cups. Chill until firm.
- Pour a thin layer of juice over each cup of pudding. Top with fruit.
For more Delicious hawaiian recipes visit here@ Hawaiian Slow Cooker Recipes
The real secret here is making sure you sear the meat before the long, slow braising.
- 1 (5 pound) bone-in beef pot roast
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, or as needed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 3 medium carrots, cut into chunks
- 2 stalks celery, cut into chunks
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- Generously season both sides of roast with salt and pepper. Sprinkle flour over the top until well coated, and pat it into the meat. Shake off any excess.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Sear the roast on both sides for 5-6 minutes each, until well browned. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Reduce the heat to medium and stir in mushrooms and butter; cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in onion; cook for 5 minutes, until onions are translucent and begin to brown. Add garlic, stir for about a minute.
- Stir in 1 1/2 tablespoons flour; cook and stir for about 1 minute. Add tomato paste, and cook for another minute.
- Slowly add chicken stock, stir to combine, and return to a simmer. Remove skillet from the heat.
- Place carrots and celery in the slow cooker. Place roast over the vegetables and pour in any accumulated juices. Add rosemary and thyme.
- Pour onion and mushroom mixture over the top of the roast. Cover slow cooker, turn to high and cook the roast for 5-6 hours, until the meat is fork tender.
- Skim off any fat from the surface and remove the bones. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with mashed potatoes.
Look for a 7-bone beef pot roast.
Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
See more Hawaiian Recipes Visit Here@ Hawaiian Slow Cooker Recipes