This is an easy and exotic Indian dish. It’s rich, creamy, mildly spiced, and extremely flavorful. Serve with naan and rice.
- 1 1/2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger root
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 potatoes, cubed
- 4 carrots, cubed
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons ground unsalted cashews
- 1 (4 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup frozen green peas
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro for garnish
Prep: 25m | Cook: 30m | Ready In: 55m
Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion, and cook until tender. Mix in ginger and garlic, and continue cooking 1 minute. Mix potatoes, carrots, jalapeno, cashews, and tomato sauce. Season with salt and curry powder. Cook and stir 10 minutes, or until potatoes are tender.
Stir peas, green bell pepper, red bell pepper, and cream into the skillet. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer 10 minutes. Garnish with cilantro to serve.
For more Vegetarian Recipes Visit here@ Hawaiian Vegetarian Recipes
Very flavorful alternative to black beans and rice. Quinoa is a nutty grain from South America.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Prep: 15m | Cook: 35m | Ready In: 50m
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat; cook and stir onion and garlic until lightly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Mix quinoa into onion mixture and cover with vegetable broth; season with cumin, cayenne pepper, salt, and pepper. Bring the mixture to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer until quinoa is tender and broth is absorbed, about 20 minutes.
- Stir frozen corn into the saucepan, and continue to simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes; mix in the black beans and cilantro.
For more recipes visit here@ Hawaiian Vegetarian Recipes
Looking for a quick treat that is easy to make and delicious? Try these raw coconut bars which are vegan and vegetarian friendly! Add some chopped macadamia nuts for added flavor and crunch!
- 4 tablespoons coconut butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, room temperature
- 1 1/2 tablespoons agave
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1 3/4 cups sweetened coconut flakes
Add 1/2 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts for added crunch (optional)
- Line a loaf pan with parchment or waxed paper. Add coconut butter, coconut oil, agave, vanilla and salt to a medium bowl and mix well. Add shredded coconut and macadamia nuts (optional) and mix well ensuring that all ingredients are combined. Add mixture to pan and press firmly using your fingers until the mixture holds its form.
- Place in refrigerator for 60 minutes or until it sets.
Find more delicious recipes visit here@ Hawaiian Vegetarian Recipes